Platzmat - A non-slip table-setting place mat - Red
Platzmat™ - simple activity engagement
Setting the table is one of those tasks which is low risk and yet engages with the mothering instinct, so strong in many women with Dementia.
Engagement in ’mothering’ or ’help around the home’ type of tasks are beneficial, and this place mat enables another simple and worthwhile activity promoting self-worth and satisfaction.
As part of the care process to sustain active engagement of women with Alzheimer’s, many homes encourage female residents to assist with household activities, one of which is cooking.
Dispatched within 1 working day after receipt of payment
14 day no quibble refund if returned in good condition
|As the effects of dementia increase then the kitchen becomes an unfit environment to engage in and alternative “normal household tasks“ are encouraged, in order to maintain self-worth and fulfilment. One of these tasks being to lay the table; the problem being that people forget how to.|
Its purpose is to encourage continuing engagement of people with Alzheimer’s in setting the table whilst providing clues to aid the failing memory.
|This is simply achieved by producing a non-slip place mat which has high contrast pictograms of where the plates, cups, and cutlery go, thus providing both a guide as to how to lay the table properly and also to maintain an active and worthwhile activity for the dementia resident.|
- Size: 378mm x 304mm x 1.1mm (14.9“ x 12.0“ x 0.04“)
- Safe for food with a clear visual location for tableware
- Non-slip, latex free, flexible yet non-creasing
- Non-porous, germ-free cleanable surface
- Extremely robust reinforced webbing covered by inert silicone compounding
- High temperature resistance (>260oC)
- Free from odours
- Fire retardant
- UV stable
- Contains no toxins, heavy metals, Phenol, Phthalates, PVC, PAH, BPA
- Washable in general detergents
- Washable: Wipe clean or can withstand high temperature dishwashing
- Tested to US FDA Compliance Regulations for food safety
- Product supplied in individual polythene bags
- High contrast colors, available in blue, green, or red
Platzmat has been developed by E2L limited, an awarding winning Welsh product design company, in collaboration with a leading Alzheimer Product supplier in the USA since early 2015. Their inputs from care home experience has proven invaluable to our development, as well as the many comments and constructive feedback from many of people who are involved supporting dementia on a daily basis. The commercial inputs from our various distributor networks has resulted in certain key aspects of what is essentially a simple product, being pushed to achieve the best it can be.
Our aims are to:
Maintain engagement and fulfillment
Provide a useful daily living aid
Engender a feeling of self worth through activity